Join now
Log in Join

Brazilian married to a German citizen - (Paris)

Hello everyone

Is anyone here from a country outside Europe married to an EU citizen? When you first came to France, what did you do first and where did you go in order to get a work authorization?

We went to the "prefecture" yesterday, but they said we should go to the Directe (Department of Emploi) and apply directly to a "titre de travail".

I don't understand... should I not have a "titre de séjour" first? Or the "titre de travail" is valid as "séjour" as well? I have a job, I need to sign my contract and now I don't know what to do. The person who spoke to us at the prefecture knew little about what she was doing, and it was very disappointing.

Please any help is welcome!

Paris Forum