Events in August in Paris--must go !
August in Paris is calm and the atmosphere is relaxing, many Parisians are on holiday and the weather is generally hot and nice.To add to the fun to be in Paris in August, there are usually a myriad of special events and festivals going on, such as open-air cinema and live musi concerts, fun-fair in the Tuileries garden, floating bals on boats and much more!
6 events will take place in August: ---- Protected content
* Thursday August 6th: In the evening for a free open-air concert (soul music) in the Parc de Belleville! . Protected content
* Open-Air Cinema Festival at the Parc de la Villette--Dates: July 15th through August 16th, Protected content
Every year, Parisians and visitors spread out blankets at the ultramodern Parc de la Villette, where some 36 movies are shown on a giant outdoor screen. Starting to see why July is a great month for movie aficionados? In Protected content , entry is free.
* Paris Plage (Paris Beach)
From July 20th to August 20th, a full-fledged beach with sand, games, cafes, and even boating will take over the banks of the Seine and the Bassin de la Villette in North Paris. Paris Plage has enjoyed enormous success since its launch in Protected content attracted millions of visitors last year. On hot nights, sipping a drink at one of the open-air bars installed on the beach or enjoying live music is always enjoyable.
* Sunday August 23th: Have you ever been at a "floating bal"? This is a big premiere in Paris! Meeting at 3:00 pm at the Villette for a bal on a boat! Free lessons to learn dances from Protected content 1950.
* Sunday August 30th: India will be in Paris for the Fête de Ganesh in the 18th arrondissement. it starts from 10.30 onwards in the morning.
* Montmartre at the Turn of the Century
Protected content exhibit featuring the paintings of Suzanne Valadon and her son Maurice Utrillo pays tribute to the romance and art-drenched Montmartre neighborhood at the beginning of the 20th century.
Protected content September 15, Protected content
Protected content Pinacothèque de Paris
Protected content , place de la Madeleine
Protected content Madeleine
* The Bath and the Mirror: Grooming and Cosmetics from the Antiquity Through the Renaissance
Protected content joint exhibit on now at the National Medieval Museum (Musée de Cluny) and the National Renaissance Museum at the Chateau d'Ecouen explores daily rituals around bathing and grooming from the Greco-Roman era through the Renaissance. Through September 21st.