Part-time secretary - intl school West of Paris
JOB DESCRIPTION: Part-time School Secretary
Malherbe International School, located in Le Vésinet, is recruiting a part-time secretary for an immediate start.
Hours: approximately 5 hours per day, 38 weeks per year.
Contract type: Contrat à Durée Indéterminée (CDI)
Under the direction of the principal, the school secretary performs a variety of clerical and support work; greets and interacts with the public, works cooperatively with staff, students, and parents, and performs other related duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter and CV to Ms Malherbe at Protected content if you are interested.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• answering the phone and passing on messages
• typing letters, reports and other documents
• dealing with incoming and outgoing post and emails
• printing and photocopying
• keeping clerical and computerized records of pupils and staff
• dealing with school meals administration
• being responsible for first aid
• gather material and post news on the school’s social media and or website
• help coordinate field trips
• help the principal with any other required tasks
The role requires effective and clear communications skills and a ‘can do’ attitude along with a task focused approach. The post holder will be expected to work on their own initiative and be able to problem solve on a daily basis. It is important to have the ability to build a good rapport with colleagues, students and parents.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The candidate should speak English fluently, and have strong writing skills
- The position requires a working knowledge of the French language
- Computer skills, including word processing and spread sheet programs
- Clerical/secretarial experience would be appreciated
- Ability to communicate effectively and help others.
Desirable Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain clerical records and prepare simple reports.
- Ability to perform required clerical work with accuracy and within established timelines.
- Ability to meet and interact with public and employees with tact, courtesy and discretion.
- Previous experience in a school setting would be helpful
- Experience working with students and parents.