Our company is into manufacturing of Optical fibre,telecom products, active & passive components and network consulting since Protected content telecom service/network companies and network integrators.We have offices in Belgium,Miami,India and Middle East.
The main purpose for this Position is to successfully drive the sales and distribution of company in an efficient, cost conscious and innovative manner that supports the Company’s objective to become a dominant player in the distribution of telecom products in France & French Speaking Federation and adjoining countries.
The Position is entrusted with the planning, organization, administration and management of the following:
1 To develop and build the company sales & distribution team
2 Prepare and execute an initial sales plan outlining the structure, strategy and forecast which supports the company budget and business plan.
3 Identify and maximize selling opportunities through “lead generation” and other means.
4 Management of departmental costs.
5 Manage the sales & distribution team in order to meet budget expectation.
6 Develop, manage, service and maintain customers/accounts.
Maintain complete up to date data on competition, local imports & exports. Monthly competitive analysis reports to be submitted, outlining market share gains/losses and other variances against the sales and strategic plan
Key Accountabilities / Performance Indicators
1 Develop and build the company sales & distribution team.
- Agree sales and distribution structure
- Recruit team members in line with product launch time line.
- Ensure team members are trained such that the desired company image is portrayed at all times.
- Provide clear objectives and key performance indicators for all team members
2 Sales Strategy
Prepare sales strategy by trade channel, by customer and by SKU considering the:
- Existing market conditions: demographics, economic and imminent arrival of super/hyper markets
- Market research and sales staff input.
- Market vs company potential in terms of the product portfolio available.
- Available resources (human, Capex, and logistics)
- Market size, visibility, share and trends.
- New markets, areas, products, Government rules and regulations etc.
3 Lead Generation / Qualifying Lead Generation
- Continuously stay updated in regards to market conditions and trends in order to maximize business opportunities.
- Ongoing liaison with the business managers to develop a strategy and action plan for generating new business leads.
- Identify and maximize new business opportunities through networking, field visits, trade shows etc.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Evaluate parameters of entering into new businesses.
- Prepare feasibility studies.
- Review and approve the resource allocation
4 Management of departmental costs.
- Prepare yearly sales and cost budget for the department.
- Assign realistic but ambitious regional/district sales targets.
- Closely monitor P&L and assign preventive measures to ensure that the budgeted margins are met.
- Set pricing levels in accordance to the set business plan.
- Ensure that all pre-approved prices are implemented and followed as per schedule.
- Continuously review and assess business setup to ensure maximum efficiency.
5 Manage the Sales Team in order to meet Budget expectation.
- Set and communicate clear goals and targets that have the SMART characteristics for the sales team.
- Communicate expectations and agree on the actions to be taken
- Conduct periodic Performance Progress reviews
- Conduct annual performance review and identify future leaders within the department.
- Regularly conduct team meetings to ensure that business goals and plans are communicated and understood.
- Suggest and prepare yearly incentive plan that enhances sales motivation while remaining in line with the budgeted cost.
- Identify training needs and execute programs that enhance productivity, safety precautions and motivation.
6 Manage, service and maintain customers/accounts.
- Build and maintain healthy business relationship with company customers by providing timely and appropriate quality service and products.
- Continuously seek to improve customer relations by understanding the business sentiments and anticipating future needs and requirements.
- Strive to become the preferred supplier.
- Ensure that contractual obligations with customers are honored and vice versa.
- Ensure suitable visibility of company products in the market as per the set standards and merchandising plan.
7 Sales reporting.
- Maintain up to date data on all competitors sales activity, pricing, promotional activity and distribution coverage.
- Maintain up to date data on all import and export activity in the dairy sector.
- Submit monthly reports outlining markets share losses / gains, weighted distribution and variance against sales strategy.
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports on sales against budget volume and cost
Core Competencies : Financial awareness, Achievement focused through setting of targets and measures, Team builder with excellent motivational skills.
Russian speaking and knowledge of consumer electronics will be an advantage.
Functional Skills : Excellent written & verbal communication skills, Intimate knowledge of sales strategies
Key Performance Indicators:
Building the business:
- Total sales volume (by product line)
- Net profit
- Sales growth
- Distribution cost/ payroll over sales.
- Customer complaints
- Customer appraisals
- Market share
Building the organization:
- Accident level.
- Achievement against training plans.
- Performance reviews against schedule.