Background : eBay® is the World's Online Marketplace. With a global presence in 39 markets, we provide an online trading platform where practically anyone can trade practically anything. Counting over 90 million active members worldwide, eBay is one of the most successful eCommerce companies in the world, with an unprecedented record of profitable growth.
Role : Development of a profitable customer portfolio based on establishing strategic long-term partnerships with eBay’s enterprise sellers. The role has the ability to articulate the benefits of eBay to establish eBay as a preferred route to market for our enterprise clients. The individual will enable our customers to achieve their goals on eBay through leadership of a virtual team, be results driven and translate performance to all internal stake holder managers. The role will be the internal authority on an account but will not be a single point of failure. The role will be the expert in the client and the opportunity.
The objectives of the role are: (Accountabilities, include % of time)
Existing client/portfolio development – 70%
• Maintain and grow customer inventory levels by working with clients to maximise all opportunities to drive GMV, Revenue, Buyer Experience and clients that are eBay advocates.
• Develop multi tiered client, decision making relationships through networking and professional client communications.
• Conduct internal and client facing account reviews with documented actions and timely follow up. These will be conducted within an agreed schedule and framework and will include a quarterly business review.
• Negotiate commercial terms with enterprise clients to drive maximum long-term profit return into eBay inc.
• Provide regular sales forecast and health check reports on account portfolio as required by stake holder management.
• Drive the client/eBay combined campaign strategy by managing and delegating a comprehensive trading plan.
• Increase category sales across all client areas through detailed analysis of white space reporting.
• Maintain client focus to ensure service excellence is delivered to retain client relationships for the long term at all times creating active advocates of the eBay brand.
• Ability to translate the eBay/PayPal strategy to drive the brands image & reputation.
New business acquisition – 30%
• Lead a virtual account team including business development, deal management t and service delivery partners to fully leverage the complete eBay proposition.
• Prospecting cold clients through a vertically focused approach and targeted campaigned activity.
• Ensure contact data and account activity compliance with nominated CRM system.
• To be engaged with new business acquisition campaigns. At the same time maintaining an overview of the new business pipeline and LTS countdown.
• Articulate and bring to life existing eBay enterprise successes as part of reference selling strategies
Knowledge, Experience & Key Skills - Essential:
• Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels both verbal and written
• Proven in building multi tier customer relationships to drive win/win/win outcomes.
• Strong commercial understanding of the economics of retail & consumer goods
• Outstanding contract negotiation skills to build long term customer engagements and profit
• Demonstrable market experience in a sales, marketing or consulting capacity, preferably in the online retail space.
• Rigorous management and use of customer contact data to develop customer opportunities
• Proven enterprise/virtual team management skills
• Experience of success in a cross functional European based environment
• Great people manager and developer of great sales talent
• A passion for eBay and its business with experience of buying/selling on the site.
• Fluent in English language as well as native language of main market focus.
• Enterprise Retail sales or account manager experience.
• Detailed understanding of eBay/PayPal products and services
• Fluent in English, and or German/French
• Experience of retail procurement processes
• On-line enterprise commercial experience
• IT technical/e commerce capability
• Additional EU languages
Critical Success Factors
• GMV growth in line or exceeding targeted levels.
• Commercial results meeting or exceeding client’s expectations.
• Clients becoming advocates for eBay and the partner relationship,
• Sustainable business meeting or exceeding revenue expectations.
• Customer relationship mapping applied across all accounts.
• Zero client attrition.
• Ability to forecast over twelve month period on a quarterly basis. Pipeline management in line with or exceeding expectations.
• Best practise and vertical trend sharing to maximise GMV.
• Clear evidence of being a team player.
Key Contacts : % of time Contact Purpose
Internal : Protected content % Virtual Team Develop internal focus onto improving the value we
bring to our enterprise client relationships
External : 60% Clients Develop designated client base to achieve strategic
• Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities; solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box.
• Ability to interact in many-way communications (email, chat, conference calls) and convey messages both verbally and in written communications.
• Excellent customer communication and presentation skills; being able to transmit message to its audience.
• Very organized, self-starter, results- and quality-oriented.
• Quick learner, capable of understanding the intricacies of a complex product in a complex industry.
• An excellent team player with great interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills.
• Able to build and maintain cross-cultural working relationships and networks.
• Pleasant and fun, easy going with a great sense of humor and passion for results.
Contact : Interested? Please send your application to Ms. Mouhani Dieng, HR Department Protected content