Cambodian Rural Development Team (CRDT), NGO specialized in rural development and based in Kratie, is looking for a volunteer to assist the director as an Organizational Development Advisor. The volunteer will bring his support and expertise in the fields of organizational development, the NGO strategy and in human resources. The volunteer should be qualified, incumbent of a degree in management or human resources and having already had a professional experience in that field.
The Cambodian Rural Development Team (CRDT) is a local not for profit organization which aims to lift communities out of poverty in support of conservation through participatory community based approaches. Founded in Protected content a voluntary university student initiative, CRDT has grown into an organization working to deliver community and rural development projects to 4,961 families in support of conservation of critically endangered Mekong River Irrawaddy Dolphins in Kratie and Stung Treng, and the protection of tropical forest biodiversity in Mondulkiri.
CRDT is seen to lack of proper planning and complete reflective policies, inadequate systems of HR management, insufficient systems to efficiently review the progress or success of the organizational performance. It is hoped that this position will help Executive Director and Management Committee to address these areas of weakness. This position requires a qualified volunteer with reasonable experiences on organizational development and management, strategies and leaderships. These qualifications are hard to find in Cambodia (especially in rural provinces), without offering a relatively high salary.
Key Selection Criteria
Internship period: minimum three months
Work location: In Kratie town, Kratie province, Cambodia
· Responsible for the design, layout and coding of CRDT and Le Tonlé websites.
· Involved in the technical and graphical aspects of the websites.
· Write programing codes, proofreading and testing the websites to identify problems.
· Upload the websites to a server and register to any relevant search engine.
· Technically assist and monitor the team in troubleshooting how to manage the website.
· Advise on IT management architecture (data, application, network), file security and other relevant website development solutions, which can help CRDT and Le Tonle improve its publicity to meet target audiences and customers.
· Obtaining a degree in website design/ development or related skills.
Required experience and skill
· Have substantial experience in website design, database development and graphic design.
· Experience in software programming.
· Strong graphic design skills; proficient using Adobe CS packages In Design, Photoshop or other related design program.
· Knowledge of Wordpress, website management, content management and production, and other relevant website development software programs.
· Demonstrated creativity and imagination.
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills. (French is considered asset).
· Flexible, self-motivated and well organized.
· Developed and uploaded CRDT and Le Tonle websites.
· A created Le Tonle logo and online booking system and form.
· Customers booking and registration format/form and professional policy format for Le Tonle.
· A report of recommendations for CRDT staff to maintain and upload information on the websites.
· Developed linkages between the CRDT website and other CRDT Social Enterprise websites.
3 months or longer
Full time ( Protected content )
Times of day
Days of week
Start and end dates
It is a 3 moInternship contract starting as soon as possible
Any interested person should send his/her resume along with a cover letter to or_channy at crdt.org.kh