500 & 1000 Indian rupee notes scrapped (Pune)
Most of expats in Pune by now must be aware that on 08th November Protected content , prime minister of Republic Of India did announcement about scrapping Protected content Protected content rupee bank notes with immediate effect.
-Yesterday ATM's all over the India were closed to load new Protected content Protected content notes & to remove old bank notes of Protected content 1000
- There is restriction on CASH withdrawal limit. So watch out if you are planning to spend huge amount of money by means of CASH.
- You can expect huge queues at main banks & ATM's excluding foreign banks like Deutsch bank, Citi bank, Standard Chartered bank, DBS bank, HSBC bank & other 1's.
- When going to bank to deposit large amount of Protected content Protected content rupee bank notes, don't forget to carry your documents inc PAN card.
- Avoid accepting old Protected content Protected content bank notes.
- Get cheque book ASAP if you don't have one & get familiar with 'Demand Draft' concept & commission associated with it by your bank & time taken by them to prepare it.
- You wont be able to pay in CASH if planning to rent house. Generally property agents prefer CASH :-) [unless you have big bunch of Protected content notes or new Protected content Protected content notes.]
Feel free to post any queries if you have.
*** Happy Banking ***