Join now

Finding somewhere to live (Rio de Janeiro)

Hello,

I have been in Rio about a month and have some work so am looking to get out of the hostels and into my own place. Well, my own room at least.

I have asked here before, but I hope that now I can offer a little more detail I will get some more information.

What I Want
I am looking for a room in a shared apartment near Lapa. I would happily take a studio apartment, but I am on a tourist visa so that maybe hard. So for that reason I am happy to share an appartment, but I do not want to share a room. Most of my work is at companies around Carioca station so by staying somewhere around Lapa I will save money on transport.

budget
This is where I am a little unsure and need some guidance on a fair price. I have spoken to a couple of people who said you can rent a flat around Lapa/centro for less than R$1000, but most of the rooms I have seen are going for about R$ Protected content . One of the people I have spoken to has warned me about people charging rent that pays for the whole appartment so I want to be sure that I am not being ripped off if I am paying that much money.

searching
Anywhere better than Easyquatro?
I have joined facebook groups called REI moradias and Republics de Rio, but can be a bit hard to follow and seem to offer short term rents or shared rooms. I'm sure if I persist with these I will find something but I was wondering if there are anymore or better places to look.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Rio de Janeiro Forum