Join now

Making the move to Italy!!! (Rome)

I have finally decided to take the plunge and move to Italy! I have been thinking about it for some time now and have made the decision final. I sold my house, car, dog and am taking only what I can carry on my back with me...Basically starting over from scratch.

I will be arriving in Rome the 28th of July from the US. I plan on staying the first couple of nights in a hotel, then moving to a hostel until I find a more permanent place. I have not made up my mind as to whether I will stay in Rome or venture up north.

If anyone has any tips/hints/or help in general that would be great. I have not had much luck with getting citizenship here in the states, so I will have to apply when I get there. I graduated culinary school and hope to cook for a restaurant in exchange for room and board. I have been teaching myself Italian and plan on taking classes once there. Side jobs and basically doing whatever I have to to make things work!

I have always loved the Italian culture and their way of life. They believe that their word is their bond and that still means something. Their cuisine is best by far and the country is full of a rich history.

I can not wait to make this journey and start my new life. Any help would be much appreciated. You can post or message me anytime.

Jason W
30-Male-Kansas, USA

Rome Forum

Our Global Partners