Join now

Pre-Move Trip- Suggestions (Rome)

Hi everyone!
I'm currently looking at an international assignment in Rome. I've traveled to Italy twice however, my husband has not and is very hesitant. We have a trip planned in May (one month!) and I'm trying my best to plan it so he can have realistic expectations of what it would be like to live there. I've just joined InterNations today specifically to help us learn how comfortable we can be while living there, given the effort of meeting and connecting with others, especially expats.
I've spoken to a member of the Rome firm I may be working for and he has suggested a few areas to look into staying (specifically Trastevere, San Giovanni, Piramide, Aventino , Via di Villa Ada, Camilluccia, or Cortina D’Ampezzo). I definitley want to stay in an area that we would potentially live in, however, I still want to show him the city and all of the "touristy" things I can. Wasn't planning on renting a car. Any suggestions of a good place to most importantly MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION for my husband so we can move! :) Thank you SO much in advance!

Rome Forum

Our Global Partners