Join now

Greetings and intro: Coming to Santiago in Oct (Santiago de Chile)

Hello everyone,

After viewing the forums on and off for the last couple of years, I want to finally introduce myself as I’ll be moving to Santiago at the end of October after a visit to the country last year. While I think I have a majority of the information I need, I hope to make new contacts (professional and personal) while I work on learning the culture, language, and city.

A little bit about me, I am from the DC area of the USA, working in the tech sector for 20 years. I like wine tastings and a gamer (board, RPGs, video, etc). I don’t know Spanish, but it will be my primary goal.

I am applying for the retirement/income visa, so won’t need to work right away. However I intend to look for employment (with the understanding that there are very few options without knowing the language) once the visa is accepted. I have a short-term place to stay in El Golf (Las Condes), but will be on the lookout for a long-term room to rent preferably in or near that area once I’ve settled in.

Thanks to all of the forum posters which have made my preparations easier. Hope to eventually meet some of you as well.

Cheers - Steve

Santiago de Chile Forum

Our Global Partners