Join now

English tutoring, proofreading & editing (Sydney)

I have just moved back to Sydney, at least temporarily, after living in Brazil for 14 months. I am looking for freelance English tutoring work.

I am a well qualified, experienced, multi-lingual Australian teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL) with a Master Diploma in TEFL. I am also a qualified lawyer.

I can offer:

Flexibility - I am available to teach Monday to Friday all day and evening, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon between 12 and 6 pm;
1, 2 or 3 hour private or semi-private classes
in a library, university, TAFE, cafe, or your home or office
anywhere in inner Sydney (CBD, inner east) or the southern suburbs;
Extensive experience teaching all levels of English for different purposes to adult students from various backgrounds in Brazil and Australia;
Free course materials, including electronic copies of leading ESL textbooks;
Proofreading, editing and translation (Portuguese to English) services;
Assistance with CV writing;
Very reasonable rates.

Professional experience:

1 year (until 4 weeks ago) teaching private & semi-private English classes to several Brazilian professionals and university students in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil;
1 year tutoring international postgraduate students and assisting them with theses, essays and presentations in Melbourne in Protected content 2009;
7 years' experience as a commercial contracts lawyer in Australia;
4 years as a paralegal, legal secretary & administrator in Australia and the UK;
12 years in various roles in human rights NGOs, mostly on a voluntary basis, in Australia, Rwanda, Brazil & Thailand.

Sydney Forum