Join now

Looking for career opportunity (Sydney)

Hello,

My name is Alexandra, Dutch, just moved to Sydney after a year of traveling. Last year I spent my time working casually, just earning enough to pay for my hostel and food and explore Australia.

Not long ago I went home for a few weeks, had a thought about my future, but I just couldn't image a future in The Netherlands, not right now. Not while there are still hardly jobs, not even for cum laude graduates.

I finished my VWO (highest level of High School) in Protected content , and as you do you go to Uni. I went to Amsterdam to study Economics&Business. Interesting of course, but after reading a lot of books, I still had no idea how to use all the information I just learned. And that just made me feel like I was wasting my time.
A year later I tried Medical Science, same happened. Interesting, even more interesting were the experiments. But still, I love to learn but this way of studying wasn't giving me the satisfaction I was looking for.
And then last but not least I tried Computer Science. Maybe doing more assignments and reading less would keep me focused. It did work, I am just not too talented when it comes to programming. It's a whole new language I didn't get too well.
So after three times trying your best, something tells you maybe I am just not meant to do it the obvious way.

I'm not a quitter, not even close. When I want something done, I will do everything in my power to make it work. So that is not the reason why I failed all the time. I just got bored. Going to the faculty, listening to lectures given my someone who rather did something else, reading books, try to earn some extra money by having a dreadful job. It's just not me. I'm a hard worker, who loves to learn and improve herself. I'm highly motivated to get far in life, I just need to find a different way to get there.
For me the best way is to find a company that can offer to help me with this. Even if I have to start with folding envelops all day. I am motivated to work full time and do courses, get certificates, anything to improve myself.

I have almost two years of PA experience and over 5 years of hospitality experience, so if anyone knows a job for me, please let me know!

Hope to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Alexandra Coops

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Sydney Forum