Join now

Looking for career opportunity (Sydney)

My name is Alexandra, Dutch, just moved to Sydney after a year of traveling. Last year I spent my time working casually, just earning enough to pay for my hostel and food and explore Australia.

Not long ago I went home for a few weeks, had a thought about my future, but I just couldn't image a future in The Netherlands, not right now. Not while there are still hardly jobs, not even for cum laude graduates.

I finished my VWO (highest level of High School) in Protected content , and as you do you go to Uni. I went to Amsterdam to study Economics&Business. Interesting of course, but after reading a lot of books, I still had no idea how to use all the information I just learned. And that just made me feel like I was wasting my time.
A year later I tried Medical Science, same happened. Interesting, even more interesting were the experiments. But still, I love to learn but this way of studying wasn't giving me the satisfaction I was looking for.
And then last but not least I tried Computer Science. Maybe doing more assignments and reading less would keep me focused. It did work, I am just not too talented when it comes to programming. It's a whole new language I didn't get too well.
So after three times trying your best, something tells you maybe I am just not meant to do it the obvious way.

I'm not a quitter, not even close. When I want something done, I will do everything in my power to make it work. So that is not the reason why I failed all the time. I just got bored. Going to the faculty, listening to lectures given my someone who rather did something else, reading books, try to earn some extra money by having a dreadful job. It's just not me. I'm a hard worker, who loves to learn and improve herself. I'm highly motivated to get far in life, I just need to find a different way to get there.
For me the best way is to find a company that can offer to help me with this. Even if I have to start with folding envelops all day. I am motivated to work full time and do courses, get certificates, anything to improve myself.

I have almost two years of PA experience and over 5 years of hospitality experience, so if anyone knows a job for me, please let me know!

Hope to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Alexandra Coops