Join now

Tips for finding a job?! (Sydney)

HI everyone,

First of all thanks for taking the time to read this! I moved to Australia about 9 months ago on a Working Holiday Visa with the intention to stay permanently. So I spent the first 4 months working and volunteering in rural Australia to obtain a 1 year extension on my visa.

I then moved to Sydney where I am currently looking for a job. I have a bachelor degree in International Business Administration as well as a master degree in Marketing Management and a master in Human Resource Management (graduated Cum Laude). I have international experience as I've lived in the Netherlands and Hong Kong. I have work experience in hospitality, event management as well as a project and community manager.

Since I've realized (throughout my job search and interviews) that experience and mostly Australian experience is highly regarded I have now started an unpaid internship at a marketing agency.

My question is whether any of you have any advice with regards to how I can improve my chances of finding a sponsored job? Are there any networking events I should definitely go to, any tips to make my CV and cover letter stand out? or any employer who you know is looking for a dedicated and motivated marketing/HR professional?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Annemarije Nap

Protected content