Join now

Need Legal Advice for Foreign Resident Rights (Tokyo)

So before I showed up in Japan I did my research on ALT (assistant language teacher) recruiting companies and apparently (despite research) have landed myself with a very difficult to work with company. They have placed me in a very remote area of a very large city with no transportation. They will not help me find a car to rent, so I have found someone willing to rent to me. The problem is, to get Japanese Auto Insurance (and the car) I need a letter from the recruiting company to prove that I am an employee. They have yet to respond to the e-mail I sent almost a week ago requesting a proof of work letter.

Now, I know that Japanese people don't like confrontation, but I am ready to throw in the towel and hand them my resignation letter. They have been incredibly unfair to me and to not even respond to such an e-mail throws up a big red flag for me. They have placed me in a very difficult situation and the recruiting company doesn't care about how I'm adjusting. I have been sick many times since I've been here and I am at a point where I am ready to head home if I can't get help. Does anyone know of anyone I can get in touch with in Japan that can help give me legal advice for foreign resident rights?

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Tokyo Forum