Join now

Work permit or permanent residency to apply to? (Toronto)



I'm new to the board but I've already started to read some threads and I'm still very unsure about my options to go back living in Canada.

Indeed I lived in Montreal from Protected content Protected content have used 2 visas from the international exchange ("Work Holiday" and "Young professionals"). I'm French but do not wish to go back living in QC, indeed my aim is to go to Toronto.

I've already started looking at the Canadian immigration website and I don't think I can qualify for the "Canadian Experience" for the residency considering that my latest professional experience was in Protected content . Also I've checked with the Skilled Workers Visa and even though more than half of my preofessional career has been in Marketing & Communications, I have been working in the Finance and Budget department at the UN for almost 5 years now and I think (not sure though) that it could be considered for the "Financial Analyst" field but they have already reached the maximum capacity for the application going from 1 May Protected content 30 April Protected content .

Ideally I would like to be able to move to Toronto within a year to 18 months but at that point I don't really know what kind of options I have because finding an employer willing to sponsor you without knowing you is probaly an almost impossible task. I do think that the fact that I speak both official languages plus my 3 years experience in Montreal can be a plus to move back to Canada.

If you have any information regarding maybe an organisation that I could contact or which visa to apply for, I would be more than grateful.

Thanks in advance


Toronto Forum