Join now

Landing to Yangon!

Hello everyone from still warm Barcelona!
After having lived in Mozambique and recently in Tanzania, I am arriving next Tuesday to Burma for checking out as much as I can before installing with my little family ruled by our year&half baby boy ;-)

I would be very thankful receiving your comments on below points, or if you can put me in contact with anyone relevant to solve my doubts around a cup of tea, coffee or a jar of beer!:

- SETTING A CONSULTANCY FIRM.
For my experience, residence permits and business visas are the chunk of expat entrepreneurs struggle. Are all expats going for Visa-Runs every 70days?!?!
How easy or difficult is to create a little firm? Anyone dealing professionally with it? Any administration/government link?

- NURSERIES for our little king. We have seen there are some operating in Yangon such as Montessori, ILBC or EtonHouse. Anyone using them? Any advice?

- HOUSING. Some insights on different neighbourhoods where to live or where not to live?

Any other information those already living in Yangon consider I should pay some attention at before coming?

THANKS!

Yangon Forum

Our Global Partners