Join now

"Glocals" and InterNations (Zurich)

Dear members,

I just wanted to inform you that I was cicked out of glocals 2 days ago as they apparently see IN as a threat. Recently a thread with, let s say, quite acid comments concerning InterNations was started by a local party organiser from Lausanne. They even erased twice one of my comments judging it would directly shift people to InterNations. Hence, I was surprised by the agressivity and hostility shown.

I enjoyed being on glocals as it gave me an overview what s happening in Geneva even if I didn t attend a lot of their events as the few I attended didn t appeal to me. If i met interesting people I invited them to InterNations and I posted our events there.

We live in a world in which especially we expats are often on several networks. They are co-existing. There s Facebook, linked-In. Xing etc.

Every network attracts a certain kind of members that are like minded and we have large zones of intersections.

I don t see us in a pure concurrence situation and never did.

I don t have any problem with event posts of glocals members on InterNations so far. We have glocals members in Geneva, Bern and Zürich doing so. There s even a link to glocals on InterNations.

Would be interesting to have your opinion on this matter. Do you see us in a fierce fight for members? How do you judge this behaviour?

Your Geneva Lake Ambassador

Alexander

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Zurich Forum