PRIMARY&NURSERY TEACHERS FOR AN INTERNATIONAL SCH (Accra)
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS WANTED FOR AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN ACCRA
NURSERY SCHOOL TEACHERS
Applicants should be passionate about education and be positive role model. Candidates should be able to work under minimum supervision, be result oriented, constantly challenging their teaching methods and be able to multitask. His/Her main duties will include:
- Teaching the class as agreed with the Headmistress
- Delivering the curriculum, adhering to school policies and curricular documents
- Maintaining the management of children’s behaviour in line with school policy
- Recording children’s progress, attainment and achievement
- Planning teaching, learning and assessment of curriculum
- Undertaking playground duties
- Taking part in extracurricular activities as appropriate
- Conducting themselves in a professional manner in line with the code of practice and expectations as outlined in the staff manual.
- Properly managing the class at all time
- Being aware of current trends in teaching and learning
- Applicants should have a degree. B.A. in education and knowledge in IT will be a plus.
- Teachers having already taught the following classes will be appreciated: Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 4.
- Exposure to international teaching standard will be a plus.
Job description for Nursery Teachers
All applicants should have an excellent presentation and be perfectly articulate. Candidates should be able to work under minimum supervision, be result oriented, able to multitask and have a strong work ethic. Her main duties will include:
- Teaching all areas of the curriculum
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to children.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of the children under your care
- Supervising playground activities, lunch and nap times
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and procedures for maintaining order.
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of five Protected content teaching experience as a nursery teacher,
- A diploma or certificate in early childhood development or preschool teaching
- An excellent presentation
- A perfect elocution