Strolls through Berlin: Schöneberg
Almost every quarter in Berlin has its own sights with their own stories. Let’s discover them.
This time we walk through Schöneberg.
• We start at the second largest department store in Europe
• Step into the Protected content
• See the area where Vladimir Nabokov lived and walk through a very nice marked
• See remnants of WWII and what replaced Sportpalast
• Discover where the Botanical Garden used to be
• Go to Bavaria and learn how farmers got to be millionaires
• Talk about Kennedy, bells, Rudolph Wilde and kettle holes
Along the way I’ll give tips on things that could be visited on another day in the neighborhood, tell you why the term bohemian works in several ways in Schöneberg, we talk about telecommunications centers, directional radio and how Billy Wilder sold his first screen play and other things that come to my mind.
Looking forward to seeing you!
PS: Since it’ll be a little harder to spot me this time, I’ll be wearing Protected content
PPS: The time is an estimate, we might take a bit longer or shorter, the time for just walking the distance I have in mind is roughly an hour.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.