Book Swap - Books that we love
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
So many books, so many stories, so much to share.
As the new Consul of the Book Group, it would be great to start with a meet up where we discuss which books you have been reading, and in which ways you have been changed/ challenged by them. No better way to do so than a book swap. And no better way to get ideas of new books to read.
These are the rules:
1. Bring one or two books - I would recommend one book of fiction and one non-fiction.
2. Present one of your books in no more than 2 minutes.
3. Listen to the others presenting theirs.
4. Present your second book.
5. Talk in smaller groups/ pairs about them. Why were they important to you? What have you learned? No spoilers, of course.
7. Meet people who also love to learn, read and share.
* Books from other countries/ Translations would be extremely interesting! Do bring them! But please make sure they are in English (at least this time).
* Just bring books you have already read, so you can give your insight on why the book is so interesting.
* The idea is not to get rid of books we didn't like. The idea is to swap books we loved and think others would love too.
* If you like Bookcrossing, don't forget to label your books before the meeting. For those who have no idea what Bookcrossing is, we can talk about it when we meet!
I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learn a bit from you.
“A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.”
― Charles Baudelaire
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.