Tsukuba Science Tour
Hello there. Finally school summer vacation is over so i‘d like to organise an event to participate in this Tsukuba science bus tour run by the local bus company and science and technology promotion foundation.
Tsukuba is well known as a science city that houses variety of science related research institutions, public organisations, companies and schools.
The bus that leaves Tsukuba center at 915am will come with a guide (assumingly Japanese speaking) and will go to two places in morning and three places in afternoon, including Jaxa space center.
If you think the starting time is too early, or you can’t spend all day, you could just join for half day either in morning or afternoon. Bus cost will be the same.
(But please let me know the plan)
-8am: jump onto the Tsukuba express train from Akihabara station (or any other station - I may get on to the same train from Shin Okachimachi at 8:03)
-845am: Arriving Tsukuba station, meet with everyone, buy ticket for the bus
-915am: hop on to the bus, starting the tour (GSI (Geospatial Information Authority of Japan HQ), Botanical garden)
Protected content finish the morning tour, arriving back Tsukuba station, head for lunch together (free to leave if you have other plans)
Protected content hop onto the bus, starting afternoon tour
(AIST (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology), Jaxa space center)
-400pm: finish the afternoon tour at Tsukuba station, unless we decide to stay longer at the jaxa space center.
-510pm: come back to the tsukuba station if stayed longer at jaxa.
Take Tsukuba express back to Tokyo
1. I made the reservation for the guided tour for 8ppl for now. Depending on the popularity i’ll make changes
2. Please please try not to cancel at last minute or no show
3. I’m really not a science person (sorry!) so warmly welcome any help from those who have better understanding in this area
4. The same goes to any Japanese speaking participants- welcome any help in translating Japanese explanations to English for those who don’t understand Japanese
5. JAXA is doing an special open day on this day. So space center may be very crowded but we should be able to see things that are usually closed for public
Looking forward to having a great learning / fun day together!
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.