Cycling Ahrtal - Blankenheim to Remagen (80km)
From the heart of the Eifel mountain range to the Rhine, the entire length of this cycle route runs parallel to the broad loops of the River Ahr as it flows through the quiet valley landscape. The Ahr Valley narrows for the first time in Schuld, a picturesque little village nestled in a loop of the Ahr. After this point, the valley widens once again before you reach Kreuzberg, where the rocky slopes extend as far as the banks of the Ahr, providing excellent wine-growing conditions. The Ahr Cycle Route briefly enters the world of well-being in the spa town of Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler. Before reaching the Rhine, you will join the Ahr in tackling one final rocky corner, before arriving at the wide river mouth.
We'll leave from Cologne (by train) to Blankenheim (Wald). From there we'll cycle for 75km to Remagen. Once arrived in Remagen we will take a train back to Cologne.
Hope you can make it & looking forward to this cycling trip!
Nitty Gritty Stuff:
* Safety First: wearing a helmet is highly recommended for safety reasons
* Please make sure your bike is suitable and in good condition. You should carry a tire pump, a repair kit or a tube with you (and be able to use it!). In case of mechanical problems we will all help to resolve the issue. In severe cases where a repair is not possible we won't leave anyone behind alone but bring enough cash with you to get you home safely.
* Please carry enough water and snacks with you. We will stop for a break on the way. Also take sun screen.
* Speaking of weather: so far the weather forecast looks excellent, so nothing to worry about. Nonetheless check the wall for last minute cancellations. In case of cancellation will announce until 6pm the night before.
* This ride takes place at your own risk; there is no liability for any personal injury and property damage.
* Please only sign up if you are pretty sure that you will attend and cancel as early as possible if you can't make it; thereby allowing someone else to join instead. Thank you :)
* Most of the track is on paved (cycling) paths, some gravel included. For a small segment of the track (5km) no cycling path is available and we will have to stay on the (main) road.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.