Rye to Camber Sands circular walk [ 9 miles (14.4 km) ]
We have visited Rye once and decided to return to this medieval town. Join us for an amazing day out in Sussex! You will experience walking on the prettiest streets in Rye, exploring the surrounding nature and sea side. For this upcoming Saturday the British weather promises a sunny day and air temperature up to 14C (weather forecast was checked on 02/04/ Protected content .
Interested?!!! Then … join this walk and you will receive the details of the route by a private message.
Rye is an English town near the coast in East Sussex. In the centre, cobbled lanes like Mermaid Street are lined with medieval, half-timbered houses. The redbrick Lamb House was once owned by writer Henry James. Nearby, the tower of the Norman St. Mary’s Church overlooks the town. Protected content
Camber Sands is a beach at the village of Camber, East Sussex near Rye, East Sussex, England. It is the only sand dune system in East Sussex, and is east of the estuary of the River Rother at Rye Bay stretching as one expanse beyond the Kent border. Protected content
Return trains back to London from Rye run at 56 mins past the hour.
Price is 34.90 £ for off-peak return ticket. With GroupSave, the price per person for a group of 3 to 9 is reduced by 33% to only £23.38. If you would like to use group discount – please contact me by PM or text message.
2. Please note that hiking, medieval town visit carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health and accept this risk.
3. What to bring:
Appropriate walking clothes and comfortable footwear (ideally hiking boots).
Waterproof and windproof jacket (depends on weather).
Sun cream and sun hat (if required).
A packed lunch, snacks and water. Depending on the group size – we will lunch in the pub.
Personal first aid kit and medication (if required).
4. Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
5. This walk may be cancelled due to bad weather but I will keep everyone informed.
6. Please cancel your attendance if you change your mind, so there is room for others who wish to join.
7. Feel free to phone or text me if you have any questions.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.