Folkestone to Dover walk
Join us for a sparkling and beautiful coastal walk along the historic white cliffs of Dover. This walk is about 10 miles Protected content .
This is a highly scenic coastal walk with fine sea views throughout. It introduces you to some of the quainter sides of Folkestone, a town which like many south coast seaside towns is undergoing something of a renaissance. You then climb up past a Martello Towers (Napoleonic-era fortification) and out into the Warren, an interesting area of wild coastland and former landslips, where you walk along concrete sea defences and then climb on a steep, but not vertiginous, path up to the top of the cliff.
DANGER!!! Take care near the cliff edges on this walk, as they are crumbly and liable to collapse: the official advice is to keep 7 metres from any cliff edge (advice regularly ignored by tourists: but don’t copy them!!!!!!).
1) Meeting point - Protected content
2) Suggested train travel from London: Protected content
3) What to bring:
-Appropriate walking clothes and comfortable footwear (ideally hiking boots).
-Waterproof and windproof jacket (depends on weather).
-Sun cream and sun hat, swimming suit and towel (if required).
-A packed lunch, snacks and plenty of water. We are planning to have a picnic. At the end of the hiking we are planning to taste beer, fish&chips or burgers.
-Personal first aid kit and medication (if required).
4) Please note that hiking near cliffs carries a risk of injury. When you RSVP, you confirm that you are in good health, perfectly fit,can keep up a good pace and accept this risk. Please do not RSVP if you are unfit.
5) Please note that on hikes, toilets are not always available, so when we need to, we might have to go in the bushes.
6) This walk may be cancelled due to bad weather but I will keep everyone informed.
7) Please bear in mind this is a free of charge. It is not organized by a business nor any entity with commercial purposes.
Trip details, travel advice, route planning, instructions and other content merely represent my personal knowledge, research and suggestions.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.