Social Dance Evening
Dear dancers and dance lovers,
*** We will probably start a bit later around 18:45 as this is the first time we use this venue and people may need more time to find it. ***
Come to our first Social Dance Evening - a new concept in social dancing that will have you participate in dancing fun in no time, in a nice atmosphere and where dancers of all levels dance together.
The venue is quite new. It was completed several months ago.
We will be using the Polyvalente room (more than 200m2) with a wooden parquet floor, full mirrors along one wall, and a sound and lighting system. There are lockers with keys where you can store your belongings.
The way we do things will probably be very different from what you've experienced at oher dance events:
• We will do two to three dance styles during the evening. The dance styles may vary from event to event.
• For each dance style a short 10-minute lesson will be run simultaneously in three groups for beginners, those with little experience, and experienced dancers. Experienced dancers will learn a different routine at each event.
• After the lesson everyone will dance with each other across all levels for up to Protected content before we take a short break and start with the next dance style.
• During the 30-minute dancing session you can get help from one of the teachers in the room if you don't quite get the moves.
• You can come with a partner or come alone.
• For those who come alone there will be assistants (female and male) to dance with you, or you can dance with others who come alone.
• We will stop the music frequently to let everyone change partners.
• We have some simple but strict rules about changing partners. They are to ensure that everyone will have a chance to dance. The rules will be explained to you during the short lesson before we start dancing, so please come on time.
This will be the first version of the Social Dance Evening. Please bear with us if things don't go exactly the way we planned it.
The organisers, teachers and assistants take no responsibility for any incidents occurring before, during or after the event. Nor will they be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, that may occur as a result of attending the event. You dance and socialise on your own risk.
Please don't wear shoes that may leave black marks on the wooden floor.
Drinks and light snacks will be available for purchase outside the venue. Please note that you may only bring bottled water inside. Food and drinks (other than water) are not permitted inside. There will be two 10-minute breaks at approx. 19:40 and 20:30.
See you soon!
(Photo: Dancers learning a new routine at a Social Dance Evening in Australia.)
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.