Our Very Own Turtle Volunteer Trip!
Dear KL Changemakers,
Our initial plan to participate in a similar programme hosted by the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) recently was unfortunately a no-go.
But thanks to your encouraging response to have our own programme, we are organising our very own Turtle Volunteer Trip for the first time ever!
This time, we will be heading to the Turtle Information Centre in Melaka for a 2D/1N trip, complete with a little bit of sightseeing in "The Historic State".
10.00am : Depart from KL Sentral
12.30pm : Lunch (at own cost)
1.30pm : Check-in Hotel
2.00pm : Arrival at the Centre; visit exhibition/education room
3.00pm : Cleaning turtle holding pond
4.00pm : Cleaning out Turtle Hatchery
4.30pm : Tea break
5.00pm : Beach cleanup
5.45pm : Group photo session; Free & easy
7.00pm : Release hatchlings into the sea
8.00pm : BBQ Dinner
7.30am : Breakfast
8.45am : Check-out hotel; Depart for Melaka City
10.00am : Melaka River Cruise
11.00am : City Walking Tour + Museum
1.00pm : Lunch at Jonker Street (at own cost)
2.00pm : Free & Easy (optional: Baba & Nyonya Museum RM16)
5.00pm : Depart from Melaka City
7.30pm : Arrive KL Sentral
* Donation to Turtle Sanctuary, which fee shall include turtle hatchling release and cleaning equipment - RM35
* Accommodation - RM45
* Breakfast & BBQ Dinner - RM41
* River Cruise - RM22
* Museum - RM2
# Total cost - RM145
We will be staying at Kemunting Beach Resort, Melaka. Superior Rooms are triple-sharing.
+++ IMPORTANT NOTE +++
- Due to limited rooms availability, this event is limited to only 18 participants, so first come first served :)
- All cost breakdown above do not include food/drinks (unless mentioned), transportation and personal expenses.
- Transportation will be by carpooling. Kindly indicate during registration if you need or can offer transportation. (However, if our numbers exceed the availability of driver+car, some of us may have to rely on public transportation instead.)
- If you are able to offer carpooling service, please advise how many passengers you can safely accommodate in your vehicle.
- Simply clicking on the RSVP button does NOT ensure your placement in this activity. Your placement for this trip will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Payment deadline: 3 weeks before activity date (last date @ 2nd September Protected content . Kindly PM me for payment details.
- Please WhatsApp/email me your FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and PROOF OF PAYMENT to register and confirm your placement for this activity.
~ Nature is our treasure, help save it ~