SHARK HERO Conservation (4KM) Run/Walk 2017
Dear KL Changemakers,
Here's a fun Saturday evening activity for you and your family to participate in!
SHARK HERO CONSERVATION (4KM) RUN/WALK Protected content
The world’s most feared and misunderstood animal is battling for survival. Over 100,000,000 sharks will be killed this year – that’s 11,432 sharks killed every hour. And, there is no telling what will happen when we remove these critical apex predators from the world’s largest and most important ecosystem – our oceans. Like them or despise them, we need sharks on this planet.
The sharks are in desperate need of guardian angels, and we just might be their last hope. In this presentation, we combat the myths about sharks and expose the sad truth that many sharks, thanks to shark finning, are being rapidly chased towards extinction.
Watch Sea Shepherd's "THE SHARK CULL" documentary: Protected content
(This explosive documentary is a must see for anyone interested in the protection of sharks and marine conservation. Parental guidance and viewer discretion is advised)
Let’s be a SharkHero today by participating in this event! They need us.
DATE // 18 NOVEMBER Protected content
TIME // 4PM - 9PM
FEE // RM Protected content old & below) or RM Protected content & above)
VENUE // Celebration Centre @ Sunsuria City
4pm - 5pm : Registration
5pm - 7pm : Flag Off
7pm - 9pm : Night Carnival - stage show, magic show, game booths, food trucks, temporary tattoo, photobooth, clown & balloonist
- RM5 from the participant fees will be funded for WWF Malaysia and Shark Savers Malaysia
- You will be entitled to receive: a T-shirt, race bib, finisher's medal, shark puppet, drawstring bag. Check your T-shirt size here: Protected content
- LIMITED EDITION Pocotee Badges to be collected at every checkpoint by answering a fun fact about sharkie!
- Additional FREEBIES (T&C apply) : Redeem a bottle of Jussu Juice at finishing point, a cup of Italian coffee (limited for the first 1,000 pax), and a pack of premium healthy fruit snacks worth RM10 each (limited for the first 1,000 pax)
- Registrants are required to bring their NRIC/passport/photo ID and confirmation slip for the Race Pack Collection on 10th-11th Nov.
~ Conservation is humanity caring for the future. ~
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.