Volunteer at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
Dear KL Changemakers,
A little last minute, but we have the opportunity to take part in a volunteer program at the Kuala Gandah National Elephant Conservation Centre next Saturday, 14 October Protected content .
The National Elephant Conservation Centre (also known as the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary) in Pahang is a rare and fantastic opportunity to get up close to endemic Malaysian elephants.
It is estimated that there are only 1,200 wild Asian Elephants, also known as Elephus Maximus, left in Malaysia and this is the only conservation centre set up to relocate these displaced pachyderms. The elephants here have been rescued from all over Peninsula Malaysia, providing them a safe sanctuary in the wild.
For the brave and adventurous, there are opportunities to take the elephants down to the river and help give them a bath! There really is no better opportunity than this to get in touch with these grey giants.
DATE // 14 OCTOBER Protected content
TIME // 7:30AM - 4.30PM
COST // RM30 per person
VENUE // Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
8am : Clean the elephant's paddock, prepare breakfast for the elephant, cleaning the compound, landscaping work, etc.
12pm : Lunch
1pm : Video presentation
2.15pm : Feeding session; bathing baby elephants
4.30pm : Back to KL
* Professional guide/volunteer program assistant service charge: RM10
* Lunch: RM10
* Donation/fee for bathing baby elephants activity: RM10 (if weather permits)
# Total cost - RM30
+++ IMPORTANT NOTE +++
- Volunteers MUST arrive at Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary no later than 7.30am. It takes approximately 1.5 hours to drive from KL to the sanctuary.
- Latecomers will not be able to participate in the earlier activities.
- Transportation will be by carpooling. Kindly indicate during registration if you need or can offer transportation. (However, if our numbers exceed the availability of driver+car, some of us may have to rely on public transportation instead.)
- If you are able to offer carpooling service, please advise how many passengers you can safely accommodate in your vehicle.
- Those who need to carpool will have to meet your car hosts at 5.30am at an agreed meeting point.
- Simply clicking on the RSVP button does NOT ensure your placement in this activity. Your placement for this trip will only be confirmed upon full payment.
- Payment deadline: Tuesday, 10th October Protected content when maximum capacity for participants is reached; whichever comes first.
- Please WhatsApp/email me your FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS and PROOF OF PAYMENT to register and confirm your placement for this activity.
~ Nature is our treasure, help save it ~