Christmas Shoebox Gathering+Packing Party!
Dear KL Changemakers,
Christmas is almost here again. Let's spread some holiday cheer and put a smile on the faces of the children from Rumah Hope!
DATE // 10 December Protected content
TIME // 3pm - 5pm
VENUE // SOULed OUT Kuala Lumpur
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1. Sponsor a child
- Pick a child you'd like to sponsor a Christmas Shoebox for; or if you have no preference, I will assign you to one. There are 15 girls and 18 boys of different ages in Rumah Hope. Please PM/WhatsApp me with your phone number and I will send you the list of children's wishlist to choose from.
2. Find and wrap a Shoebox
- Cover the box and lid with wrapping paper separately and, if possible, line the bottom (inside) of the boxes too.
3. Fill your shoebox with gifts
- Buy gifts for the intended child Protected content per box, including the child's one wishlist item).
- Recommended: 1 wishlist item Protected content 2 "surprise" gifts of your choice. See the "surprise" gift suggestions listed below.
4. Personalise (if you like)
- Include a Christmas card with your personal note of encouragement.
5. Label your box
- Printed labels will be provided at the venue.
- Bring along your shoebox gift to the venue. The caretaker and some of the kids from the home will come to collect the gifts on the day of event.
7. Stay, mingle, eat and be merry! :)
1) You can wrap and fill the box at home and drop it off at the gathering, where we will label the box for you; OR
2) If you're not much for wrapping gifts, we can do it for you! Just bring the pre-wrapped shoebox, the gifts you've bought and a roll of wrapping paper (preferably festive themed or generic patterned). We'll pack and label it, while you sit and enjoy the party :)
"Surprise Gift" suggestions (just make sure they're age-appropriate and can be folded/fit into a shoebox):
------------------------------------------------------------- Protected content
# Clothing & accessories : a nice outfit (shirts, pants, sundress), hair bows, bracelets, sunglasses, scarf, wristwatch, cap, bandana, necklace, socks, tote bag/purse, etc.
# Personal care items : comb/hairbrush, body lotion, hand lotion, body spray/perfume, lip balm, compact mirror, etc.
# Craft/school supplies : colour pencils, crayons, marker pens, watercolour set, stickers, pencil case, stationery set, doodling/colouring book, notebook, etc.
# Toys : doll, stuffed toy/animal, puzzles, kaleidoscope, jump rope, playing cards, foam ball, finger puppets, slinky, Play-Doh, LEGO, Jenga, interactive toys, play cars/trucks/boats, plastic dinosaurs, toy figurines, fidget spinner, etc.
# Other: storybook, small musical instrument (e.g. harmonica, woodwind recorder), binoculars, compass, sewing kit, drinking mug, water tumbler, Protected content , cute pillow, etc.
[ IMPORTANT!! ]
1) DO NOT INCLUDE: toothpaste/bath gel or items that can leak out; used or damaged items; war related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; nuts/seeds; chocolates; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans. And please DO NOT give items that you don't require / need anymore. You wouldn't like to receive any of those for yourselves as well :)
2) If you are keen to participate but will be away on the event date, you can either have someone to drop it off for you or let me know if you'd like me to collect it from you in advance.
3) Please make sure you are fully committed to this project, otherwise the child you're sponsoring a gift for will be left out and heartbroken that he/she did not receive a Christmas present. If you are not able to commit to delivering your shoebox gift at all, please do not RSVP to this activity.
"Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference." - Kathy Calvin, CEO & President of the UN Foundation
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Group Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.