Friday Evening Badminton
Let's meet for some fun and exercise on the badminton courts from 7 to 9pm.
Four courts are reserved (limitation from the Sport Center) which theoretically means that max 16 participants can take part to the event. However, participants take breaks and this can be filled up by another group of 4 players. This gives us the opportunity to take 4 more players on board. The maximum number of participants accepted is therefore 20, following the first come first served concept.
Rules are simple, and very participant that registers is supposed to have read these rule:
1. Priority is given to Internations members who registered
2. Cancellation is accepted till Wednesday 6pm (dead line given by the Sport Center to cancel courts free of charge). In case of later cancellation, a €5 fixed fee will be charged to the participant unless he/she finds a replacement
3. A no show-up will result in a €5 fixed fee
4. Two no show-ups (not necessarily in a row) will put the participant on a black list, meaning that he/she will only be entitled to play the next time after transfer of a €15 deposit (€10 for the 2 no-show-ups + €5 deposit prior to the event).
6. Three no show-ups (not necessarily in a row) will ban the participant from the group
7. If you want to invite a non-member or want to be on the waiting list in case the max number of attendees is reached, please send a PRIVATE message to Angelika. Posts on the wall will NOT be taken into consideration
8. Members that are joining for the 1st time will be asked to transfer the €5 fee prior to the event. Reason being that we had many cases where more than 50% of the newcomers did not show-up without advising and consequently penalized the regular players. This rule is valid for the 1st participation only
9. Sport shoes with no black sole are mandatory, no sandals, flip flop or bare feet accepted
10. Group wall is the only place used for communication, we don't send individual email or text message. Please check regularly posts put by the Consuls as they might be important
Rackets can be rent at the reception of the Sport Center against a small charge.
Last but not least, we usually go for a drink/dinner after the event. This is obviously not compulsory but help to create a positive atmosphere among the group.
Thanks and regards
Angelika & Pino