Intercultural Differences Series No. 2: INDIA
Dear members of the business networking group!
Here is the second session for our event series I developed for international communities: INDIA. The series is called "intercultural differences in practice". We will go through a lots of countries. After a speech we will exchange experiences. Also we have time for regular business networking.
As a highlight for the session No. 2 Dr. Sameer Rohadia will give a speech about India and intercultural differences, especially in comparison with Germany.
Some session highlights:
- Brief history of India
- Defining Indian Culture
- Family, Marriage, Languages, Architecture
- Dances, Festivals, Clothes, Food
- Dos & Dont's of Indian Culture
- Differences with other cultures
Agenda (including flexibility ;-)):
18:30 Welcome, maybe order snack / dinner.
19: Protected content Speech and Discussion.
Dr. Sameer Rohadia has been working as a professor. Further steps in his career:
- Content Manager (Trainings & Community) in a large international corporate (automotive).
- Provides training in Big Data & Advanced Analytics area
Protected content of Corporate & Business Administration teaching experience
- Completed Electrical Engineering, MBA [IT] and PhD in IT Management all from reputed Universities of India.
- Completed Master in Data Science from University of Bologna, Italy
- Conducted more than 60 hours of sessions for German, Polish and Slovenian students as part of Faculty Exchange Program since Protected content .
- Received 5 awards for teaching excellence from institutes of repute.
THANK YOU Sameer for sharing your experiences with us!
Some further inforformations for the INTERCULTURAL DIFFERENCES EVENT SERIES:
I choose a more practical and "lively" approach - namely exchanging real experiences, situations and feelings and not only philosophizing theories (e.g. the dimensions of Hofstede) or just listening to a speech where others "explain the world" to us.
After a short introduction we will have a familiar and confidential atmosphere in our group and discuss topics like:
- What are your most impressive and / or weird experiences - at the work place and / or the general life style?
- What are significant intercultural differences between your culture(s) and the chosen country / culture? How do you and others deal with it?
- How do other internations members see these differences from their own experience? Do they share your opinion? What do you have in common with other cultures, looking to Germany?
- Where do you see obstacles or opportunities to make business (e.g. as an entrepreneur or CEO, supervisor and / or employee) and / or to work in Germany, compared to other countries?
- Are there any recommendations or special "insider tipps" for others?
- How can we help each other to get along in the business world?
- Which special questions do you have to the internations members which you do not find in books and what you always wanted to know, never dared to ask or never got an answer?
I plan to build up a series "going" through the whole world, also e.g. Asian culture, Arab culture, African Culture, Eastern and Southern Europe, U.S,, UK, India, Latin America and so on.
The events are always moderated by my and other consuls and / or another member. After the event we also have time to come down to regular business networking.
**** I AM LOOKING FOR CO-MODERATORS FOR DIFFERENT COUNTRIES / CULTURES ****
Please feel free to contact me!
Also if you are interested to give a short speech about your country or your experiences, please contact me!!!
Hope to see you soon, Fenna.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.