Duties and Accountabilities
The World Bank is looking for a Private Sector Development Specialist (PSD Specialist) based in Kazakhstan to:
(i) participate in the Bank's analytical and non lending technical assistance work in Kazakhstan in the private and financial sectors,
(ii) assist task teams in managing the Bank's operations in Kazakhstan, including participating in the preparation of potential projects, the supervision of the implementation of on-going projects, and liaising with local counterparts at the technical level and with senior government officials regarding these projects; and
(iii) stay abreast of Kazakhstan’s private and financial sector development issues and needs and informing task teams of potential issues and opportunities.
More specifically, the PSD Specialist would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
1. Protected content in specific tasks, including analytical work and technical assistance on areas related to Private Sector Development. The PSD Specialist would be expected to contribute substantially to these tasks, working closely with, and coordinating the work of, international experts and other team members.
2. Protected content as member of task teams, providing operational assistance on a diverse range of analytical and operational activities, in the private and financial sectors in Kazakhstan, including:
• Protected content and analyzing background data and information on Kazakhstan’s private and financial sectors;
• Protected content substantively to technical notes, research papers, presentations, and other reports;
• Protected content to the preparation of operational documents, including project documents, technical annexes, Aide Memoires, and others;
• Protected content to the preparation of concept notes and funding proposals;
• Protected content logistical support to task teams, especially during missions to Kazakhstan, and coordinating work with them to ensure timely outputs.
3. Protected content trends and issues in the financial and private sectors in Kazakhstan and inform World Bank staff of relevant developments, issues, and opportunities.
4. Protected content liaise with client counterparts in Kazakhstan to follow up with them on project-related activities, and discuss potential issues and needs.
5. Protected content task teams in organizing, as needed, events, such as conferences or seminars, on financial and private sector development issues, dissemination of reports, etc, including overall event coordination, overseeing the program agenda, invitations, and other logistical details.
• Protected content Degree in Economics, Development Economics, Business Administration, Finance, or related specialty.
• Protected content of 5 years’ work experience in the private sector or in financial and private sector development. General knowledge of financial sector issues desirable.
• Protected content experience with World Bank projects or work experience in a multilateral of bi-lateral development agency preferred.
• Protected content research skills and capacity to gather financial and private sector data, analyses, and policy outputs.
• Protected content with organizing conferences/seminars preferred.
• Protected content and problem solving skills in carrying out research and operational tasks, identifying issues, and presenting findings and recommendations.
• Protected content excellent written, editorial, and oral communication skills in English.
• Protected content level of energy, initiative, and drive for results with agreed objectives and deadlines. Proven ability to self-start work without close supervision, handle several different tasks simultaneously, and deal with rapidly shifting priorities under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Protected content interpersonal skills, ability to work as part of a team, and willingness and flexibility to help other colleagues as needed.
If you are interested and qualified please apply directly at the World Bank website Protected content click under tab "Job Seekers" and look for job # Protected content