Join now

DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONNALLY -BE IMPECCABLE ... (Athens)

I hope Christmas has been a wonderful love and joy-filled experience however you have celebrated! I'm having a very different Christmas experience to my usual ones. Something came to mind to share on this occasion. A couple of years ago I read the book ‘The four agreements’ written by a lovely man called Don Miguel Ruiz.

"The most important thing you can do in life is enjoy yourself" were the last words of a very touching talk he gave – that I followed on ‘Youtube’, one that focused on 'being the change you want to see in the world' words originally spoken by Gandhi.

At Christmas time and New Year with all the celebrations, we give ourselves more permission to really enjoy ourselves and life more fully, to connect more to others, to laugh, love, let go and have fun.

How often do you give yourself permission to enjoy yourself, life and others, at other times?

How much do you create the space for fun and enjoyment on a daily or weekly basis?

What gets in the way of that, mentally, emotionally or practically?

How can you experience more fun and enjoyment in your life?

If you don't enjoy the journey, chances are you won't enjoy the destination, start having fun NOW!

Enjoyment nourishes you and all around you. Play is essential for children, yet also such a gift and healer for adults. Having fun is some of the greatest experiences in life, and I believe a big part of why we are here, if we allow it.

Be sure to play to make your day, sparkles with joy so your heart says yay!

There can be resistance to joy, to happiness, to fun, crazy as that may sound. I've certainly had blocks to fun in my life and repressed joy. I remember getting a massage some years ago. Sometimes a massage can release repressed emotions stored in the body, and what came up for me on this occasion was a huge amount of repressed joy. I couldn't stop laughing! I'd done a lot with releasing the constricting stuff, and hadn't realised how much joy I had repressed over the years.

Relish the enJOYment of these days, and may they be fuel and light to warm you as you enter the year ahead.

Write a Joy-List of all that brings you joy, and let that be inspiration and as much a part of any goals and visions you hold for Protected content .

With much love, hAPpY nEw eAr.....

Sandie

Below are Don Miguel Ruiz's Four Agreements from his book:

BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD – speak with integrity, say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself, or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONNALLY – Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victium of needless suffering.

DON”T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS – Find the courage to ask questions and express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can, to avoid misunderstanding , sadness and drama. With just this one agreement you can completely transform your life.

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST – Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to when you are sick. Under any circumstance, simple do your best, and you will avoid self judgment, self abuse and regret.

I’m going to do my utmost to follow Don’s four agreements as my Protected content , what will your agreements be with and to yourself in this beautiful coming year?

Athens Forum

Our Global Partners