Hiring a Director of PR - lebua Hotels and Resorts (Bangkok)
I'm hiring a full-time Bangkok-based Director of Public Relations. Candidate MUST be fluent in Thai and English. Please message me if you are interested or know of anyone. Many thanks!
Position Overview: Join a growing marketing team spearheading an exciting brand refresh. As Director of Public Relations, you’ll be responsible for raising the visibility and positive awareness among top domestic and international media of the lebua brand, individual hotels, restaurants and bars, as well as key lebua executives. You will report directly to lebua’s Chief Marketing Officer, managing lebua’s public relations group and its international PR firms.
• Plan and execute year-round PR strategy, producing concrete results that support lebua’s business and marketing objectives.
• Oversee all domestic and international media relations. Manage lebua’s PR team, as well as oversee and collaborate with lebua’s PR firms in the US, China and India.
• Manage and maintain professional relationships with media outlets to generate the highest level of positive coverage for the lebua brand, individual hotels, restaurants and bars, as well as key lebua executives.
• Generate lebua news and features on strategic media channels. Develop and communicate compelling story angles to media, analysts and other key influencers. Write news releases, press kit materials and other written materials supporting PR goals.
• Proactively source key media visits and manage all aspects of visits including logistics, bookings, itineraries, materials, photo shoots, interviews and hosting.
• Address day-to-day media inquiries. Asses inquiries, balancing requirements of media with offered media exposure.
• Review and analyze media exposure.
• Manage and resolve media concerns and complaints.
• Ensure all efforts contribute to PR goals and further lebua’s desired image.
• Maintain communication with lebua’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, keeping them fully-informed of PR initiatives and concerns.
• Update all concerned departments on press clippings.
• Partner with marketing team and manage graphic designer and/or outside agency to create communications including: brochures, sales kits, sell sheets, advertising and web copy. Ensure communications consistently and accurately convey brand image.
• Manage production, printing, and supply of printed collateral.
• Provide sales, e-commerce, and food and beverage teams with PR, advertising, and marketing support.
• Partner with marketing and e-commerce teams to develop hotel packages and offers.
• Develop yearly advertising plan and budget.
• Screen media channels for advertising placements.
• Partner with marketing team, graphic designer and/or outside agencies to develop artwork aligned with hotel’s advertising guidelines.
• Manage relationships with media channels, preparing advertising contracts and following up on contract completion.
• Conceptualize and organize events resulting in positive PR coverage.
• Develop and execute PR strategies for events.
• Arrange media invitations to events.
• Distribute press releases to local and international media.
• Analyze event-related media coverage.
• Minimum of five to seven years experience in PR with a leading Bangkok agency.
• University degree in journalism or communications or equivalent experience in PR or journalism.
• Proven relationships with local media contacts that have delivered demonstrable results.
• Fluency in Thai and English; ideal candidate will be international with fluency in Thai.
• Excellent writing and grammar skills.
• Portfolio highlighting writing samples and media and project plans.
A successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate a passion for hospitality, a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, and a desire to help grow the brand and business.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Act proactively and independently, while taking direction and working cross-functionally.