Join now

Thai Airways flight simulator experience (Bangkok)

I had a really unique experience over the weekend, trying out a flight simulator offered through a special promotion by Thai Airways. This doesn't really have anything to do with being an expat, and to be clear I have no connection with Thai Airways, and we fly using different carriers.

The amazing part is that it was a real simulator, absolutely nothing like the PC versions I've tried before, an exact replica of a specific airline cockpit, with accurate detailed graphics ("window" views), motion, and sounds. My wife set it up but I did find a link about such a thing to share here. That link mentions a cost of 12,500 frequent flier miles to "pay" for it, and I'm really not sure if that's a good deal or not, especially since there essentially wouldn't be any alternatives. They had a lot of their staff on hand, with a few pilots helping instruct us over the weekend--I actually landed the plane, but in real life I'm sure I'd crash it--so I can't imagine that they are really breaking even in offering this sort of thing.

Protected content

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Bangkok Forum