If anyone is looking for a job in Bishkek, the Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia is recruiting a Development Officer. Here are the deatails:
Vacancy announcement for a long-term position (only for expats):
Development and Evaluation Officer
The Officer leads strategic development of all EFCA programs in Kyrgyzstan, including overall responsibility for needs analysis, developing partnerships and projects, fundraising, donor relationships and reporting, evaluation of results and coordination with other actors. The Officer manages two staff in the development department, works closely with project and financial management staff and the Executive Directors in Bishkek and Osh, and reports to the EFCA President in Almaty and Executive Director in Bishkek.
EFCA is a leading Central Asian NGO implementing programs across several social and economic development sectors. This challenging role offers a unique opportunity to influence EFCA’s varied set of programs and work with a range of donors and partners, including USAID, EU, World Bank and UN agencies. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and communication skills and a track record in program development and fundraising.
1. Strategic planning
• Develop strategic direction of EFCA’s programs (with EFCA President and Executive Director)
• Lead needs assessment and background research to guide and inform EFCA programs
• Liaise with local development actors to ensure coordination of EFCA programs with others, and support overall aid effectiveness
• Represent EFCA in relevant Donor/Implementer coordination forums
2. Project development and fundraising
• Build and maintain relationships with donors and identify funding opportunities
• Conceptualise and design projects and develop local partnerships
• Lead the drafting of concept notes and proposals, including budget development
• Edit and approve all submission to donors
3. Evaluation, reporting and knowledge management
• Lead internal and external programme/project evaluations
• Edit and approve project reports for submission to donors
• Oversee EFCA communications strategy and approve media materials for publication
• Lead internal learning processes to ensure continuous improvement of EFCA programmes and development of institutional knowledge
• Masters Degree or comparable qualification
• Fluency in written and spoken English – native speaker or equivalent level.
• Excellent conceptual and critical analysis skills, ability to interpret varied information sources and write concisely and persuasively in English
• Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Computer literacy, strong numeracy skills and experience developing budgets in MS Excel
• 3+ years’ experience designing or managing programs in the international development sector, including 1 year at a senior level
• Proven track-record developing projects and raising funds from institutional donors
• Good understanding of logframe approach, and principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation
• Fluency in written and spoken Russian
• Experience working in Central Asia and Kyrgyzstan
• Sector expertise in EFCA’s program areas (see Protected content
Closing date for applications: 15th March Protected content until 22nd March)
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Protected content , with the subject “Development Officer”. Your application should describe your suitability for the role and demonstrate how you meet each of the required qualifications. Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. The start date is negotiable from April Protected content .
EFCA welcomes applications from people with disabilities and considers them on an equal basis.