Join now

Political Economy for Professionals (Canberra)

Dear InterNations friends,

I am very happy to present you a new course I am launching for the Canberra audience: "Political Economy for Professionals".

It is a great opportunity for all those interested in an update or advancement of their analytical skills to better understand and act in today’s world. It might interest people in a broad range of areas – diplomacy, business, academia, consulting, education, public policy, civil society/NGOs, lobbying/advocacy, Law, politics… you name it!

The idea behind it occurred to me after conversations with diplomats posted in Canberra. Some of them wanted to use part of their spare time to enrich their understanding of key aspects of the contemporary world (politics, economics, international relations, technology, culture) but could not find anything that would suit their needs and available time in Canberra's academic environment.

Given my long experience with teaching Political Economy for mid-career professionals in Brazil and England, which included many diplomats and lawyers, I decided to accept the challenge.

I hope you can help me spread the word about the course! Please, feel free to send the attached file for as many friends and colleagues as you think might be interested in the initiative.

On February 5 and 12 I'll offer two different lectures on the “Political Economy of Development”, an issue that sums-up many of the challenges faced today by individuals, government agencies, NGOs and private firms. Those two lectures will be entirely FREE of CHARGE!

The course will start on 12 March and will run every Tuesday, from 6-7.50pm, at my own house in Manuka, where I organized a spacious and friendly classroom, with all the resources for a great learning experience! The total cost for the course will be $ Protected content all the reading material), which can be paid in up to 3 installments.

Please, do not hesitate in contacting me if you want additional information regarding the course! You can also find some extra information at Protected content .

Many thanks,

Carlos Pio

A PhD in Political Science and Fulbright Scholar at UC Berkeley, Carlos Pio has taught for the last 20 years in Brasilia, Oxford and at the ANU. His wife is a diplomat, posted in Canberra.