Join now

New to the Area - Need Help Getting Settled? (Chennai)

Views

My husband and I came to Chennai for our first time last Feb., and stayed until the end of April for a “test run”. It was difficult at best because we didn’t know anyone, where to shop, how to get around, and not knowing Tamil it was tough going around on our own. Even though English is spoken consistently, we still had trouble…. Then we both accepted positions to move here. We knew we had to do something differently!
That’s when we became members of InterNations – to see if we could find any sources to help us get settled. (Still need to attend an event!) We are so thankful to have connected with Mita and her business HelpMeMove! What a godsend she has been, and patience is her middle name. Our move date changed a couple of times, our house wasn’t ready when we did move, our initial contract was modified, she worked with us on Saturdays and Sundays….. Mita has made ALL the difference in getting settled this time. She has shown us restaurants, where to shop for household items, décor items, furniture….. you name it, she can find it for you. Plus, she has an infectious beautiful smile….. I would highly recommend contacting her if you need any help settling in – we’re sure glad we did!
Here's her number - Protected content

Chennai Forum

Our Global Partners