Join now

New and Excited (Chicago)

Hello Expats wherever you are. I am a new member and wanting to learn everything there is to know about becoming an Expat. I love the great ol' USA but an opportunity to move to Malaysia to semi-retire and operate Ozzies Bed & Breakfast in Kuala, Lumpur, Malaysia has high hopes for my future.. If you are traveling or planning to stay in KL, Malaysia in the future, be sure to check with me on what I can provide for you either on a short term stay or possible group stay of up to 11 with total use of the B&B.
If all goes well with negotiating the property, rooms could be available as soon as November on a month to month tenancy.
The property will migrate into the B&B and the current plan is to make the 3, and before long 4 of the rooms decorated and furnished to provide the ambiance of each room with a different theme. The All-American Room, The European Room and of course for the locals, the Asian Room and the fourth one to be named at a later date.
Of course, I need to learn Mandarin Chinese and if any of you are fluent I could use all the help I can get. My friend in KL is trying to teach me but she just doesn't have the time, much more is needed to learn quicker. So, as I learn I can have a chat buddy here that will carry on a Chinese conversation and fine tune my tones if you will.
Love to hear your thoughts and opinions, as well as advice on what to do and what not to do. I am open for all suggestions.