Join now

Do you want to help bring "parkrun" to Cologne?

Hi everyone,
Some of you might be familiar with the "parkrun" concept from their home countries (in particular, if you are from the UK or Ireland) and might be as excited as I am that parkrun is finally coming to Germany (see Facebook/Twitter for the announcement)!

Before we get to enjoy parkruns in Cologne though it needs a dedicated team of volunteers to get it off the ground. We are already a small group of parkrun enthusiasts who want to set up a parkrun in Cologne and we are looking for more people to join us. It's a great way of meeting people, being active, having fun and contributing to the community.

Please send me a message if you are interested (or would like to know more about it). It's a great way of meeting people, being active, having fun and contributing to the community.

For those not familiar with it - What is parkrun and how can I find out more about it?
- it's a free weekly running event taking place in parks in many cities all around the world
- it takes place every Saturday morning
- it's always 5km
- you get an official time, but everyone can run or walk at a pace that they are comfortable with (and try to just manage the distance or race to beat their personal best)
- everyone is welcome
- it's all organised and run by volunteers
- for more information see Protected content or check out the following groups on Facebook: "parkrun", "parkrun Deutschland"
- it exists in 14 countries already and its about time we have it in Germany too!

All the best,
Hanna

Cologne Forum

Our Global Partners