Join now

Au Pair in Detroit area

Dear host family,

my name is Jara and I´m 24. At the moment I live in Bavaria/Germany. I love children and on that account I think au pair would be the proper job for me.

I am currently studying to get a secondary school teacher at Otto-Friedrich-University Bamberg, Bavaria (Germany). Next spring I am going to finalize my studies with the '1. Staatsexamen' (First state examination, comparable to a master's degree in education). Along with the degree comes my teaching authorization. To summon practical experience in the field of teaching and to use my theoretical background, I successfully completed several internships at different schools, as you will find listed in the appendix. Furthermore, I worked as a voluntary teacher at 'Innovative Sozialarbeit Bamberg', a social institution dedicated towards the support of struggling students, for more than two years. Since Protected content am teaching stand-alone two classes of the 'Erlöserschule Bamberg' in graduation-prep. I have instructed a fifth grade class at a secondary school in Bamberg-Hirschaid in cooperation with a social institution. This should illustrate my experience in autonomous teaching and class preparation. The focus of my teaching and experience lies within the subjects of German and math.

Apart from internships within the field of teaching, I gathered a lot of experience in the supervision and care of children. I take internships at different kindergarten, at the infant station in a hospital and at a youth center. Since 7 years I´m working as leader at youth work 'Kreisjugendring Kulmbach'. Since Protected content a babysitter for a 2 years old cute girl. In this time I learned a lot of childcare. I´m able in to feed babies, putting them to bed, change clothes, bathing children, preparing baby food and change diapers. At my work I have to plan indoor and outdoor activities for children. I often play different games, cook or go to the swimming pool or the cinema with children. I have work experience with children in different ages from 1 up to 16. For my work I had to absolve a special first aid children course and a road safety training every 3 years. For me and my employer is the safety of children very important. Please watch out my work experience in the profile. If you have any questions, don't be afraid of asking me.

My academic studies include the subjects of work-economy-technology ('Arbeit-Wirtschaft-Technik'), mathematics, biology and arts. Additionally, I graduated in the subject of 'didactics of the German as a foreign language'. In the line of this course, particular teaching methods and content were trained, focused on the mediation of German philology as a foreign language in all its orthographic and grammatical complexity. So maybe you want, that your children learn some German.
Since I am experienced in the organization and preparation of camps and courses through participation in youth programs, I might bring several skills and competencies to the table. Furthermore, I am playing piano since I am 9 and I like modern music to play and some old compositions as well. I also like to read books for example Tribute of Panem, Twilight, but I also like other genre of books. I have a favor for children books like Pippi Longstocking or Winnie Pooh and would like to read them aloud. I like to cook German food for example spaetzle, schnitzel and a lot of other meals. I also like to bake cakes and tarts or one of my favorite meals apple strudel with vanilla dressing. Sometimes I play volleyball or go to the gym and in the winter I love skiing or ice-skating. Due to my enjoyment of painting and handicraft work I decided to study my degree program.
There are some more things I have to mention if I have to describe myself. My friends and family said that I am a very loving, caring, warm-heartet and open minded person and I am always there for my friends and especially for my family if they need me. I love to laugh a lot and to play some board games Prior employers expressed throughout positively about my work ethic, as you will find in the references attached. In addition, people notice me as pleasant-natured, committed, reliable and cooperative character. I am an affectionate and provident woman, who has unfortunately a weakness for chocolate and delicious food.

I have a lovely family. My father and my mother are vets and my sister study at the university to get a vet as well. So of course I like every animal (ok I don´t like spiders). We have two cute little dogs. Since I´m studying I live in a shared apartment. So I know everything about housekeeping (Cleaning, shopping, washing, cooking and things like that). Living together with diverse cohabitant is part of my live and on this account I have experience to live with not familiar individuals. I am a pleasant-natured person and so there weren't any hard disputes. For my point there shouldn't be any problem for me to live together with you. I hope, that you could show me to cook American meals. Of course I could show you German food. I would like to improve my English, during my time in your family (I´m sorry it isn´t perfect).
As result of my work I know a lot of different games and activities with children and we have a lot of fun together. Of course I´m able to help children by their homework (except in English, I think they are better than me :-) ). I have a lot of experience in childcare and teaching. I love children and my work. For me is the opportunity of guiding, inspiring, challenging and encouraging a mission of great pleasure and bliss.

I would like to know you and your kids and I like to be a part of your family.
I hope, we see us soon.
Jara

Dear kids,

After reading the whole letter you know a lot of me but I would also like to know your interests and your hobbies and how I can do you a pleasure. Do you have a favorite game, meal or movie? Maybe you would like to tell me or write and paint me a letter, it would be a pleasure. I think that we have a great time together with a lot of fun and maybe you could show me some games or your hometown? Because I don´t know about living in the USA and I think it is different to Germany. So I hope you could learn and show me a lot!

I would like to meet you.

Jara

My Aupair.com profile: Protected content

Detroit Forum