Join now

"BREAKFAST CLUB" TOMORROW (Doha)

“BREAKFAST CLUB” TOMORROW: Expats are the “13th largest state” ( Protected content ) and there is growing awareness among expats about the severe consequences of FATCA, citizenship-based taxation (only the U.S. and Eritrea do this) and passport revocation by the IRS. (Speaking of the Devil, the IRS increased the housing limit in Doha for Protected content , so if you make an election in Protected content , it could save you a couple thousand on taxes. Details to be provided by our tax pro from an accounting firm.)

The Friday morning (Doha time) debate between the four candidates for the Republican party nomination will be broadcast live on CNN, and co-sponsored with the Washington Times newspaper. This FRIDAY starting at 5:00 a.m., we will be gathering for a breakfast at the W Doha Hotel & Residences (in the WIP lounge on Mezzanine level) to watch the debate on CNN, and we hope you will be able to join us for at least part of it. The event is free and the W’s breakfast option is QR 75/person.

In this election year, we are looking to reach out to more Americans in Doha to help with voter registration and other questions. We have the opportunity to send our questions to the Washington Times, making it possible for issues affecting expats to be heard in this debate. Whether or not you can make it to watch the event with us, you can register your expat questions to the candidates at: Protected content .

You do not need a reservation to attend, but if you expect to attend, please let me know so I can notify the W an estimate of attendees, as well as keep people informed of any changes to time or venue.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Doha Forum

Our Global Partners