Join now

Our Amazing Maid (Dubai)

Views

My wife and I have the most amazing maid, a loyal and trustworthy housekeeper who has been with us for 3 years.

Unfortunately I have to move from Dubai to Iraq so my maid is looking for another family to work for. My wife and I are professional expats and we've had a few maids but nobody like Leonila.

She is an honest and trustworthy person, we leave her to look after the house when we travel. Hardworking, diligent and I have to shoo her out of the house at night to get her to stop working. She often sings as she irons in the late afternoon, a cheery lass who always has a smile on her face.

She is exceptionally clean and tidy and she keeps our house the same way.

She is paid AED2,500 per month and we fully sponsor her. She travels to the Philippines once a year and we pay the ticket and she gets her salary when she is on leave.

She would prefer to work for a British or European family but she did have a previous Chinese lady she worked for (she called her 'a great ma-am' )

We're keen to make sure that she goes to a good family who will respect her as much as we do. I'll ensure that the visa transfer goes smoothly.

Finding a maid like Leonila is very difficult as many of you will know and the fact that I trust her completely is something I don't do with many people.

Regards

Jim McAllister

Dubai Forum