Join now

Photo Exhibition - opening event 2 Oct 7:30 (Geneva)

Dear Internations friends in Geneva,

I will be visiting Geneva at the end of the week, to attend a Photo Exhibition entitled "Refugees and Returnees - Through the Eyes of Women on the Ground" which I have been involved in organising.

I would like to invite internations members in Geneva to come along to the exhibition opening. If you are interested please send me a private message letting me know before COB on 1 Oct and I will put your name on the list at the door. Totally free event.

Details of the exhibition and opening night are as follows:

Shiva Zendedel in Iran, Najia Wasif in Pakistan and Farzana Wahidy in Afghanistan are three female photographers who have gone out into the field and witnessed firsthand the situation for Afghan refugees and returnees respectively.

Their photos will offer a unique insight into the lives of Afghan refugees during displacement in host countries and upon return to Afghanistan.

The collaboration of the three Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) country offices to put on this display is a show of commitment which reflects the joint consensus of the governments of Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan to develop the solutions strategy framework, a regional response to the mass displacement of Afghan refugees.

This NRC initiative is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and seeks to draw attention to the millions of Afghans that have been forced to flee their homeland, a place which remains the poorest country in the region according to the UNDP Human Development Index.

The opening will be at 7:30pm on 2 October Protected content Freestudios Protected content Gourgas, Genève. Short speeches by honored guests regarding refugee matters in the Afghan region. Invitees include government representatives and the interested general public (refreshments served until 10pm).

Once again, please do send me a private message me if you are interested in attending before COB on 1 Oct Protected content .

Cheers, Noosheen

Geneva Forum

Our Global Partners