Join now

Questions for College Project (Business & Culture) (Lisbon)

I have a project for my college class in the United States that requires me to interview Portuguese people who have experience conducting business with American people (or American people who have experience conducting business with Portuguese people). If you are willing and able to answer the questions below or know someone who does, I would be very grateful for your help.
--------------------- Protected content

1. Tension between American and Portuguese people is common because of differences in feelings about personal space. Do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree?

2. Tension between American and Portuguese people is common because of misinterpretations in body language. Do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree?

3. Tension between American and Portuguese people is common because of differences in cultural relationship with time (for example, punctuality). Do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree?

4. Tension between American and Portuguese people is common because of differences in ideas about authority and hierarchy. Do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree?

5. Tension between American and Portuguese people is common because Americans are too direct in their speech. Do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, or strongly disagree?

6. Have you noticed any cultural traits or behaviors of Portuguese people that often confuse foreigners or make foreigners uncomfortable?

7. Have you noticed any cultural traits or behaviors of American people that often confuse the Portuguese or make the Portuguese uncomfortable?

8. Please describe your professional experience and any experiences that may have informed your responses above.

Lisbon Forum