Join now

Travel website seeks Local Writer (Lisbon)

Views

Good morning Lisbon!
I'm a newcomer to your site so please forgive me/help me out if I break any protocols, or simply post material in the wrong place!

I am a Regional Editor for a travel website, NileGuide, Protected content . This is run by a dynamic young San Francisco team and is, not surprisingly, US biased (55% of all traffic). It has over 1 million page views per month, but they want to increase this figure and are trying to improve their European presence by featuring more European cities. So, I need a Local Expert (LE) to tell us all about beautiful Lisbon, on a regular basis.

The basic criteria are that

English must be the LE’s first language

You must have some basic travel writing experience and you should be familiar, preferably actively engaged, with social media: blogging/Twitter/Facebook etc

Unlike some of our more illustrious competitors NileGuide do actually pay their contributors, and if the number of page views are high, then the money is not bad. However the Lisbon pages will need time to get going, so, being motivated by money, at least in the short term, is a definite disadvantage. The benefits for the successful applicants will be the exposure/kudos of writing regularly for a major travel website and being trained how to write and “publish” their content. There is a $250/month "set-up" fee for the first two months, then after that the LE is paid according to the number of page views.

Please e-mail me at Protected content if you think you might be our Lisbon Local Expert and I'll supply more details. Many thanks.

Lisbon Forum