Join now

Seeking 2-month housing between my world travels (Los Angeles)

Hi. I'm a different kind of ex-pat. I'm American, lived in LA for many years, then left in Protected content travel. I return from time to time, so I'm back now. Each time, I house-sit or sublet a small apartment, or rent a room.I have excellent references for each of these possibilities.

I am very low impact. I have pretty much the normal amount of stuff that a typical person would take on vacation. In addition, to make staying some place easy, I have my own blanket, towels, a pan, a pot, my car, and an air mattress. I do love to just stay in and work though: I write on a small laptop. I'd like access to the internet and I do need to be able to park my smallish car.

As I'm not looking for a permanent roommate or rental situation, I can be the perfect extra income supplement to your life. (Extra being the key. I'm not the person to share an over-2,000 rental with you so your rent is half.)

With me you get a built-in Mac expert, a great techie, and an interesting not-typical-American traveler.

Rental/housing laws in some of LA are scary: if you let a guest stay over 30 days and you're not there, that person can take over. I won't and I am willing to sign a statement promising this.

I'd like to be convenient to the Fairfax/Hancock Park area or maybe Woodland Hills/Calabasas but am also open to the right place/person/cost.

I'd be happy to talk with you and share references with you if you write to me.

Thanks.

PS: I am always asked to return to places I have house-sat or stayed. The only reason I am not able to return to one now is timing.

Los Angeles Forum

Our Global Partners