Join now

freelance writer/journalist, translator and editor (Moscow)

Hello! I'm looking for freelance writing, translating and editing work. Here's some info about me.
I'm Moscow-based, and have 12 years of professional experience, which includes: translation of various written texts, mostly into English from Russian, from English into Russian, and some from German or French into English or Russian; writing magazine articles in English and Russian, composing interview questions, conducting or assisting at interviews (for radio shows); editing different kinds of written texts, re-writing texts in Russian and English.
I have also, at different times, worked as a TV reporter, a language teacher at schools and college and as a tutor, as assistant and translator at international events, and as staff translator and assistant for a small US non-profit organization in Mosocw.
I do photography, art, creative writing and acting, and am knowledgeable of culture, literature, politics and other popular subjects.
I know enough German and French to be able to use them in my work as secondary languages when required, and am pursuing fluency in those languages.
I'm Russian born, bilingual in English and Russian, and would like to find long-term and short term freelance jobs that require excellent writing skills in both English and Russian, as well as translation skills.
I would also be interested to work as assistant and translator at exhibitions, conferences, forums and other international events in Moscow.
I'm interested in working at art, business, fashion, education, religion, cultural and political events.
For rates and with all the questions you may have concerning cooperation, please PM me! thank you and have a great day.