Requirement of Employment Visa instead of Business Visa for Foreign Nationals
Requirement of Employment Visa instead of Business Visa for
Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India has circulated a notice to all the industry association stating that Foreign Nationals working on Project based assignments on Business Visa will be required to leave the country by 30 October Protected content . Please find attached the notice for your reference.
Because of this notice, Foreign Nationals entering India on Business Visa and working on Project based assignments would not be able to work in the country after 30 October Protected content .
The foreign nationals are required to obtain an Employment Visa (instead of a Business Visa). We understand that obtaining Employment Visa is a complicated and time consuming process and may require as much as two months time.
In many companies, the foreign nationals visit factories at a short notice to either attend the break down or emergency work on machines or to advise the management on technical areas.
In this regard, appreciate if you could provide us information regarding the following:
1. Protected content many Foreign Nationals are working in your organisation?
2. Protected content many of these Foreign Nationals are working on Business Visa?
3. Protected content problems will your organization face because of this Notice?
4. Protected content your organization taken any steps / measures to address this problem?
5. Protected content your organization face any other problem because of this notice?
We would greatly appreciate your response by Tuesday, 27 October Protected content enable us take this matter appropriately with the Government.
-------------------------------------------------- Protected content
This message is from:
Head – Maharashtra State Office
Confederation of Indian Industry (WR)
105 Kakad Chambers
132 Annie Besant Road, Worli
Mumbai Protected content
Phone: Protected content
Fax: Protected content
Email: Protected content